Metro-Haul impact at OFC 2018
The Metro-Haul project is poised to make a big splash at this year’s OFC 2018. With 23 contributions accepted, including invited talks, workshops and tutorials, the consortium members are making significant contributions to the industry.
Andrew Lord from BT, Metro-Haul’s project leader, stated; “to have so many contributions accepted in OFC 2018, including multiple invitations for specific topics, is a great achievement for Metro-Haul project”.
Andrew will be also at OFC as a workshop organizer and a speaker for a session;
- Workshop: “Will Cloud-Optical Boxes Change the Way Today’s Networks are Deployed?” (Sunday, March 11, 2018, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM, Room number: 6F, click the link for more details).
One of the show floor program topics is ‘Infrastructure Makeover and Networking‘. Metro-Haul has speakers for different sessions under this topic.
- Session organized by ON2020: “Industry Visions for a Converged Optical Networking Roadmap” (Wednesday, 14 March, 13:15-15:15, Theater II, Hall E, click the link for more details) – Andrew Lord, from BT as one of the speakers
- “Machine Learning: Developing Efficiency in Customer Networks” – Massimo Tornatore, Associate Professor, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, will present “Machine Learning for BER Estimation and Soft-Failure Mode Identification in Optical Transport Networks” (Wednesday, 14 March, 15:30-17:00, Theater II, Hall E, click the link for more details)
Network automation (refer the link for the timetable) is one of 5 hot topics this year, and Metro-Haul will be showing presence in this area also, in a workshop and a panel as shown below;
- Workshop: “AI-assisted Automated Network Operation: Getting Matured or Not?” (Sunday, March 11, 2018, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM, Room number: 6C, click the link for more details) – Reza Nejabati from University of Bristol, as one of the organizers, and Danish Rafique, ADVA, Germany, as one of the speakers
- Panel: “Machine Learning and SDN: Towards Intelligent Data Centers” (Monday, March 12, 2018, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Room number: 7AB, click the link for more details) – Danish Rafique, ADVA Optical Networking, Germany, as one of the speakers
Open Platform/Dissagregation/SDN/NFV (refer the link for the timetable) is another hot topic. Under this topic, you can meet Metro-Haul partners as organizer (Ramon Casellas, CTTC), speaker (Victor López, Telefónica, Spain) and demo exhibitor, at Open Platform Summit: SDN/NFV Demo Zone (click the link for the more details);
- Demo: CASTOR: An Architecture to Bring Cognition to Transport Networks, (Luis Velasco, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain)
- Demo: Towards IP & Transport Network Transformation Using Standardized Transport NorthBound Interfaces (Ricard Vilalta, CTTC, Spain)
- Demo: Joint Optimal Service Chain Allocation, VNF instantiation and Metro Network Resource Management Demonstration (Francisco-Javier Moreno-Muro, Politechnical University of Cartagena, Spain)
- Demo: Fully Disaggregated ROADM White Box with NETCONF/YANG control, Telemetry, and Machine Learning-based Monitoring (Andrea Sgambelluri, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy)
Addition to above, there are > 15 conference contributions from Metro-Haul – refer our publications list: https://metro-haul.eu/publications/research-papers/
Meet Metro-Haul at OFC 2018!
For more information on OFC 2018 visit their web site at: https://www.ofcconference.org/en-us/home/