44th European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC 2018)
23 September - 27 September
Metro-Haul will hold the following demonstrations in the Demonstration Session;
By R. Morro, F. Lucrezia, P. Gomes, R. Casellas, A. Giorgetti, L. Velasco, E. Riccardi, A. Chiadò Piat, A. Percelsi, J. Pedro, Ll. Gifre, A. Sgambelluri, F. Risso, G. Marchetto, from Telecom Italia (TIM), Coriant Portugal, Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC);
- Title: Automated End to End Carrier Ethernet Provisioning over a Disaggregated WDM Metro Network with a Hierarchical SDN Control and Monitoring Platform
- Abstract: This demo shows how a hierarchical control plane of ONOS SDN controllers orchestrates the dynamic provisioning of end-to-end Carrier Ethernet circuits on a composite network, programming the whole data path from the CPE to the core optical equipment.
By F.J. Moreno-Muro, C. San-Nicolas-Martinez, M. Garrich, P. Pavon-Marino, O. Gonzalez de Dios, R. Lopez Da Silva, from Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena (UPCT), Telefonica I+D;
- Title: Latency-aware Optimization of Service Chain Allocation with joint VNF instantiation and SDN metro network control
- Abstract: This demonstration showcases the open-source Net2Plan tool optimally computing and
provisioning Service Chain requests with latency considerations by interfacing to an ONOS-controlled
metro network and an ETSI-OSM instance orchestrating a set of OpenStack VIMs.
By S. Troia, A. Rodorigues, I. Martin, J. A. Hernandez, O. Gonzalez de Dioz, R. Alvizu, F. Musumeci, G. Maier, from Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI), Telefonica I+D;
- Title: Machine-Learning-Assisted Routing in SDN-based Optical Networks
- Abstract: We demonstrate a Machine-Learning-based routing module for software-defined networks.By training with the optimal routing solutions of historical traffic traces, the module can classify trafficmatrices to provide real-time routing decisions.
By A. Chiadò Piat, E. Riccardi, R. Morro, A. Percelsi, from Telecom Italia (TIM);
- Title: A Low-Cost Single Component ROADM for Optical Metro/Access Networks
- Abstract: This paper presents a low-cost, 2 to 3-degrees ROADM for metro-access networks, based on a commercial WSS device, together with a node controller prototype implementing a NETCONF server with a YANG model compliant to OpenROADM 2.2 MSA.
The “44th European Conference on Optical Communication” (ECOC 2018) will be held in Rome, Italy, on September 23-27, 2018.
ECOC is the leading European conference in the field of optical communication, and one of the most prestigious and long-standing events in this field. Here, the latest progress in optical communication technologies will be reported in selected papers, demo session, keynotes, workshops and special symposia.
Parallel to the scientific conference, the ECOC exhibition covers a wide range of optical communication products and services.
Therefore, ECOC is open to a variety of interested participants like researchers and students, product developers, sales managers and telecommunication market developers. Every year this international forum attracts more than 1,000 scientists and researchers from research institutions and companies from across the world.
ECOC 2018 is organised by CNIT, the Consortium of 37 Italian universities for telecommunication. EUREL is owner of the registered trademark ECOC. EUREL is the Convention of National Associations of Electrical Engineers of Europe representing ten member associations in ten countries in greater Europe.
Scientific patronage is provided by the Institute of Communication Information and Perception Technologies (TeCIP) of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna and the Italian Space Agency (ASI).
Endorsement has been granted by the IEEE Photonics Society and OS, the Optical Society of America.